This past week was my first one completely plant-based, and despite my extreme love for pizza, I was determined to not let our Friday night ritual ruin the pride I had in my success so far. Enter: Operation Attempt at Vegan Pizza.
I looked at a lot of recipes for vegan pizza in search of something simple that wouldn't require a bunch of ingredients or extra time. I decided to go with Angela Liddon's Low-Fat Vegan Cheeze Sauce and premade dough as my main ingredients.
|food photographer i am not, but you get the delicious, cheezy idea!|
Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
*Whole wheat pizza dough (I bought a 13.8 oz. Pillsbury can and used half of it)
*1/3 cup of Oh She Glows 5-Ingredient Vegan Cheeze Sauce (her recipe yields 2/3 cup)
*Tomato/pizza sauce of your choice
*Toppings as you please (I chopped up some onion and garlic)
- Make the cheeze sauce according to the Oh She Glows recipe. It's really quick and easy to whip up!
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the package directions. I baked mine for about 8 minutes.
- Spread the cheeze sauce over the dough, then put the tomato sauce on top. It's okay if they get all mixed together as you spread.
- Sprinkle oregano and add your toppings.
- Bake according to dough directions or until it's got the crispiness you desire.
- Eat, and be amazed at how incredible vegan pizza can be!